From: "Terri A." <>
Subject: RE: [ARIZARD-L] Slavery Insurance (off topic)-Bill/Jean
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:14:05 -0700

Jean, it's oh so true! LOL!
And Dale, I wonder about some things man does to create adversity.
sheesh!

And Bill, along with all other young parents, listen to the oldies
here, they
know! I would like to put in my .02.

I think it's important to teach ALL children, regardless of color,
that they are
children of God. And it's GOD that makes them, and GOD that takes
them home.

Teach them not to fear evil, but to forgive it, EVEN if it's done to
them. Teach them
that our Creator is the one that will take care of their wrongdoing
and that retribution
is also a sin. Teach them to have faith, and to obey the Word. Teach
them to be THANKFUL
becasue they are SO much richer than we realize, and so much richer
than their ancestors
that might have been bonded by slavery.

It's not for us to dwell on the negative aspects of their heritage,
and teach this to them.
But instead be wise and teach them how their ancestors might have
endured, kept their faith, and more through a life of adversity.

Teach them about how they can help people in crisis. Teach them to
care and be kind to those that are belittled for no reason. Teach
them respect for all mankind. Teach them how TV works, and how things
on TV are not always told in truths, and how it's often inflated for
ratings. Teach them how to pray! Teach them to ignore hurtful
people, and be confident in their who they are.
Teach them to be truthful in themselves. Teach them how to identify
their own purpose in this
human life. Teach them how to act, not react.

Take time to grow as parents in your own maturity so that you can
teach your child these things.
Be it EVER so wise to teach our children the way of God while they are
young, and NOT the way of man.
Life is too short to live negative. :) What was done way back then
was all part of the big plan.

Good luck parents! Bringing up a kid with the strength and faith in a
higher power, and to be successful in what they do in this world today
is one HARD job! It's good to hear that Bill isn't caught up in the
negativity of raising his child. I praise you and your wife for that
Bill. I'm assuming she feels the same way.

Ok, I will stumble off my babbling soapbox now. hehe

Terri

om/mbexec?htx=board&r=an&p=localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.coun
ties.izard