From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Combs obituary
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:10:20 -0500

Calico Rock Progress
Feb 17, 1933 - Aunt Fannie Combs Passes
Boswell Vicinity was grieved on Friday morning, January 20th when it
was learned that Aunt Fannie Combs, one of the oldest and best citizens of
the country, had passed away at 4 o'clock.
She had suffered for some few months with a broken hip. While her death
was not unexpected, it was a shock to her many friends.
Aunt Fannie as everyone knew her, was born in Buffalo County, Middle
Tennessee, October 21st, 1846. She moved to Izard County, Arkansas in 1850,
at the age of four years and lived here the remainder of her life.
She was converted in early life and joined the Baptist Church. Later in
life she joined the Christian Church and was a true and faithful member
until God called her home. She was married to Robert Combs at the age of 37
years. To this union was one son, Ransom.
She departed this life January 20, 1933, at the age of 86 years 2
months and 29 days. Besides her son, she leaves one stepson, Henry Combs and
several step-grandchildren.
She was patient and bore her suffering well. She would often say that she
could hear the "sweetest music.'
Weep not, for mother and grandmother, for we know that she is resting
in peace. But, oh! How we miss her. Her place in our home is vacant and can
never be filled.
She was laid to rest beside her husband, in the Combs Cemetery near
Melbourne. The funeral services were conducted by Elder W. M. Cooper.
Written by her step-granddaughter - Mrs S. C. Smith

This thread: