From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Dave Freeman
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:37:50 -0500

> I'm not new, but haven't done much lately, been too busy with family
affair.
> here is my surnames: Hays, Freeman, Cliff, Dameron,Blankenship and others
> Sharron Scott

Calico Rock Progress
Nov 8, 1929 - Uncle Dave Freeman Dead
Uncle Dave Freeman, one of this county's oldest and most highly
respected citizens, died suddenly last Monday morning, Nov 4th t the home of
his son, Joe Freeman at Rush, Marion County.
Uncle Dave seemed to be in his usual health on Sunday and said he
rested well Sunday night but died Monday morning before he got dressed.
Deceased was born Oct 21, 1854 and the greater part of his life was
spent in this county. He was married to Miss Clemmy Dowdle in 1876. To this
union were born six sons and two daughters, those surviving being Willie and
Harry of Calico Rock; Joe of Rush; Tommie of Aneors (sp), Mo.; Albert of
Kansas City, Mo. And Mrs Amanda Rowe of Springfield, Mo. Two other children
and the wife of deceased were called by death several years ago.
Uncle Dave has been a member of the Missionary Baptist Church at
Boswell for several years and was a devout Christian, highly respected by
every one.
The remains were forwarded to Boswell, burial taking place in Vest
Cemetery Tuesday, funeral services being conducted by Rev. M. C. Burton of
Pineville. (Note: could Aneors = Angoras)

This thread: