From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: The Arkansas Gazette Obituaries Index 1819-1879
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:03:57 -0500

The Gazette obits book I have is just an index for the years above..
I found not W. G. or G. W. nor a Nora that fit.
Checked my collection of obituaries from the Calico Rock Progress 1919-1943.

Age is off, I'm sure this isn't the wife but sending anyway ?????????
Calico Rock Progress
Aug 31, 1934 - News
Mrs Wm G. Moore died at her home at Newark Sunday, August 19th, after
several weeks illness. She was 57 years of age. She is survived by her
husband and a daughter, Miss Thelma. Deceased was the wife of Bill Moore,
who formerly was engaged in the mercantile business in Calico Rock. The
family moved to Newark several years ago.

> I just saw this post,does someone have these old old Gazette Obits?
> I am looking for my Ggrandparents but I dont have a year,I just know it
> was after 1930 for they were in the census in Independence Co Arkansas
> then,but he was born in 1855/1854 and she was born in 1964 so it could
> not have been much after 1930,they were W G Moore or William Gardner
> Moore and his wife Nora Ellen Powell Moore
> thanks

This thread: