From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Stroud obit
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:59:06 -0600

Harold, you don't appear to need this one but here it is.

Calico Rock Progress - Apr 7, 1937
Dr W. J. Stroud, 84, of Mt Pleasant died at the home of his son, Ellis
Stroud at Mt Pleasant, Saturday. Dr Stroud practiced medicine for 40 years
at Mt Pleasant and Stella. Funeral services were held Sunday afternoon at
the Birst Baptist Church at Sage by the Rev Wilson Taylor. He is survived
also by four other sons, Espie of Sidney, Esra of Mt Pleasant, Odis of
Stella and E. B. Stroud of Fort Worth, Tex., and two daughters. Mrs Ethel
Hightower of Sidney and Mrs Effie Duren of Mt Pleasant.

> DR. WILLIAM JEFFERSON "JEFF" STROUD (ALBERT GALLATIN , THOMAS J. ,
WILLIAM
> , WILLIAM STROUD SR.) was born 11 March 1855, and died 1 April 1939 in
Izard
> County AR (Bethlehem Cemetery). He married MARTHA JANE CORNELIUS Abt.
1884,
> daughter of JAMES CORNELIUS and SARAH GRAY. She was born 27 February
1862,
> and died 25 January 1937 in Izard County AR (Bethlehem Cemetery).
> Children of DR. STROUD and MARTHA CORNELIUS are:
> i. LEILA STROUD, b. 16 June 1884; d. 5 August 1884,
> Izard County AR (Bethlehem Cemetery).
> ii. JOHNNIE EFFIE STROUD, b. 6 December 1885; d. 15
> February 1967, Weatherford, Custer, OK; m. HOMER ALBERTUS DUREN, 15
November
> 1904; b. 19 April 1881.
> iii. ESPIE MADISON STROUD, b. 30 October 1887,
Stella,