From: "Dale Marr" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] What is going on
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:43:28 -0600

> Maybe there's a new virus we should all be checking for.

I don't know if it's a new one, but I got three messages yesterday with viruses in attachments. Of course I didn't open the attachments, but just looking at the names of the files each had two files attached, one a .JPG (graphics) file, the other with the .SCR extension. One had "Windows Update" in the subject line, another said something about "a new tool for you," and the third was blank.

I was receiving and sending mail with no problems Thursday night. Then yesterday morning when I tried to log on and download my mail it wouldn't recognize my username or password. All the usual fixes didn't work. I fooled with it most of the day yesterday and until 3:00 this morning and finally got it going again. Don't ask me how -- it just started working!

Maybe it's just the phase of the moon or something, but things have definitely been weird in cyberspace the last two days.

Dale

This thread: