From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Langston, Cunningham, Hightower, Tinnin, Smothers
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:15:07 -0700

Dorothy?

I have some information on these families. More on the Cunninghams than the
Tinnins (Tinnon), though.

I had been real interested in this branch of the Cunninghams, because of
their early Texas migration. I did not know what county in Texas that they
had removed to - so, your post gave me a place to start.

Their had been family stories passed down that one of Nathan Langston's
daughters that was married to a Hightower - who died young. Upon his death,
Patsy Langston Hightower supposedly remarried to a Cunningham and migrated
to Texas with him - leaving her children behind for her parents and
relatives to raise.

So, just a theory that I have wanted to explore.

Now, this Tinnin line intermarried with my Smothers family of Baxter Co.
All I had was that Josie Smothers (b1907) had married a Hugh Tinnin. Now,
oddly enough and where I got it is a mystery - but, I have that Thomas
Tinnin was the son of a Hugh Tinnin, also. So, for what that is worth and
quite possibly could be incorrect.

You say that he was the son of Azariah Tinnin?

I'd be interested in learning more about these Tinnins, too.

Do you have need for me to post what I have on Samuel Brainard Cunningham?
As I recall he was married a number of times, so what I have may not be all
too complete, but may give you a clue or two?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aloa, Hawai'i