From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] hames
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:37:43 -0500

I added these notes to the obituary in my files.

Arkansas Confederate Veterans and Widows Pension Applications:
19258 Hames, W. A. ( Co A AR-I ) applied 8-21-01 and died --/--/20
shows in the place where the name of the widow would be is Emily C. applied
in 8-15-27 in Izard County. Could this is his daughter Emily C. born bout
1874 ?

Couldn't find anything to show he died in 1920 or before 1920. I have 2
different 1920 newspapers and didn't find an obit for him. Wonder if he died
not long before Emily applied for his penison?? If you don't have a death
date for him I'll check in 1927.

They and their daughter Emily C 46 are all living in 1920 census next to
Albert L. Hames 39 and his family. This census is dated 6th and 7th Jan
1920. The film shows Violet Hill Township but the index shows Baker.

Calico Rock Progress
Sep 10, 1920 - Town and County News
Mrs A. J. Wyatt and Miss Esther Bland were called to Violet Hill Friday
night of last week to attend at the bedside of their aunt Mrs Mahalia Hames,
who took dangerously ill from blood poison and died on last Saturday morning
at the age of 77 years. Mrs Hames contracted blood poison from a small
scratch on her hand and was sick only two or three days.

Vera