From: Fern Estes <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Thrasher, Lee and McClellan, Hightower and Sinor? - Verna
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:11:21 -0500

Obituary of John William McClellan - Newspaper dated Oct. 7, 1949

Aged Citizen of Iuka Dies Wednesday Morning
John William McClellan, one of this section's oldest and best known citizens, died at his home near Iuka, Wednesday, at the age of 86.

Mr. McClellan was born at Houston, Mo. June 14, 1863. He came to Arkansas with his parents when a young man and setled near Iuka, and remained a resident of this vinicity the remainder of his life.

He was converted early in life and united with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. His membership was with the Pineville church. He was married to Miss Nancy Lee, who preceded him in death by several years. His second marriage was to
Mrs. Cora Trotter.

Surviving are his wife; two sons and one daughter by his first marriage---J. W. McClellan of Benicia, Calif. and J. A. McClellan of Iuka, and a daughter, Mrs. T. M. Seay of Calico Rock; three sons and four daughters by his second
marriage -- Hale of Pineville, Woodrow of Iuka, Donald of Dolph, Mrs. W. J. Whitfield of Pineville, Mrs. Lee Collins of Salem, Mrs. Billy Joe Whitecotton of California, and Mrs. Pete Combs of Iuks. Also surviving are a step-son, Jesse
Trotter of Calico Rock; several grandchildren, great-grandchildren and a host of friends.

Funeral services were conducted at the Cumberland Presbyterian Church at Pineville Thursday afternoon by Rev. J. C. Williamson and Rev. Y. Whitfield. Burial was in the Pineville cemetery, with the Roller Funeral Service in charge.