From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] AR State Insane Asylum - HOLLABAUGH
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:52:50 -0500

I'm quite familiar with the HOLLABAUGH name. The Superintendent of Broken Arrow Public School, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, was G. L. HOLLABAUGH. His wife, Eunice, was my third grade teacher. Their daughter, Molly, graduated in 1954, a year ahead of me. Molly's brother, a dentist, was several years older than she.

Mr. HOLLABAUGH (name was Glyn) was an All-State Basketball player -- from Searcy County, Arkansas -- in his high school years, which is mentioned in my Searcy County history book by McINTURFF. I never thought of it when I was a child, but now I realize he definitely was of Indian heritage. He was quite tall; had brown eyes and dark hair that was very straight. He was quiet and mild-mannered.

Peggy

This thread: