From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] COCKRUM article (Bernie)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:05:38 -0500

Hello, Bernie!

The Pony arrived today.

Bernie, have you identified Luper V. COCKRUM, b. September 1830, mother of William A. COCKRUM (b. August 1868) in the 1900 census, Matney Township, Baxter County?

I now regret that I did not complete information for the three "Boarders" - WOOD / HOLMES / BOLDING. At the time in August 1980 when I read this census, was "dumb and dumber" and didn't realize those names may some day mean something.

On November 6, 1887, my grandparents, John Taswell PERRY and Fannie LUTHER, were married -- at Post Office of Ellar in Baxter County -- named for Ellen "Ellar" COCKRUM. Have you found her maiden name? She was born February in Missouri, to parents who were also born in Missouri.

Have a great weekend. We're getting more rain. Last week we had six inches and two yesterday. Think we're about caught up with our precipitation deficit -- been running behind normal the last year or so.

Peggy