From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Wolf - Roger?
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:45:36 -0700

Roger

This looks like a mission for the likes of you! LOL

Who are all of these people in the 1860 census?

Mr. Charles Wolf probably died in the War; or a result of. And look at the wealth that he had amassed at such a young age? Personal property to the tune of $6000? That was a great deal of money for 1860 Arkansas, wouldn't you think?

But, after the War? Look at 1870 and what Martha was left with?

16 August 1860 Izard Co., Arkansas census, North Fork Township:
WOLF, Charles 28 M farmer 1500/6000 AR
#731/730 Martha H. 26 F domestic MO
James E. 3 M AR
Elizabeth J. 1 F AR
ADAMS, Jesse 26 M farmer AR
Lucy J. 18 F domestic MO
Robert 17 M farmer AR
WOLF, Sarah J. 18 F domestic AR
Jacob 15 serving AR

Note to the 1860 census: Appears that Lucy J. that was married to Jesse Adams in this census is probably a sister to Martha, wife of Charles. Both born in Missouri and Martha names her youngest daughter; Lucy?

02 September 1870 Izard Co., Arkansas census, North Fork Township:
WOLF, Martha 36 F W farmer 800/560 MO
#9/9 James W. 13 M W at home AR
Elizabeth 11 F W at home AR
Alexander 9 M W AR
Lucyan 7 F W AR

1880 Census Place: North Fork, Baxter, Arkansas
Source: FHL Film 1254038 National Archives Film T9-0038 Page 219C
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
Martha H. WOLF Self F W W 47 MO
Occ: Keeping House Fa: VA Mo: VA
Alexande A. WOLF Son M S W 19 AR
Occ: Farmer Fa: AR Mo: MO
Lucy A. WOLF Dau F S W 17 AR
Occ: At Home Fa: AR Mo: MO

Vera, Do you know anything about the Wilkins family that Lucy Wolf married into?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i