From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Jones and Cox
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:27:06 -0500

> This woman is an interesting one to trace, I think. Don't you?

We've chased Sallie Brown Cox around before. Remember I told you her
grandchilds always thought of her as grandma Brown not Cox. If I remember
some research I did years ago. Sallie's daughter "Minnie" that married a
Ford had a daughter Sallie Ford who married a Fuller ???????? Sallie Ford
Fuller (is gone now) mentioned her grandmother as Brown. Remember the
connection to the Clinkingbeards in the Henderson area. I think Memory's bad
but I think it is sometning like that.

Her obit is just a one liner
Feb 10, 1939
Mrs Sallie Brown Cox, burial in Herron Cemetery. She lived at Henderson for
years and died there

Aug 16, 1940 issue
D. Cox 80 b. Ga
d. at home of dau Mrs E. G. Adams in Harrison
other survivors
Mrs S. L. Russell CA
Mrs W. E. Bemington CA
Mrs P. E. Jones GA
Mrs R. E. Buford GA
1 son Ralph Cox CA

now it does not say the Mrs are "his" daughters so don't know.

The people in the Henderson area might find it easier to go to Salem, Fulton
County for a marriage license that Mt Home, Baxter County. Back then the
lake wasn't in the way but there was a river to cross. Now there's a nice
bridge over the lake no ferry or row boat to take them across river or lake.

Vera

This thread: