From: "Dale Marr" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Harmon Clinton -- Mary, Bernie
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:14:56 -0500

> Found him living with his son, Samuel D. Clinton

1900 CENSUS IZARD CO., ARK GUTHRIE TWP #153-155
HARMON B. CLINTON, JAN 1825, AGE 75, WIDOW, MO SC NC

> Wonder why they were not living together??

This was the first I'd heard of a third marriage for Harmon Bailey Clinton. And to another Estes??? I don't know who Frances L. Estes was, but she definitely was not a daughter of Burris Estes, Jr. and Martha Morris. I agree with you, Mary, about Jesse Riggs' children in the census not matching those on Bernie's chart.

I don't know if this was the case here, but if that was H.B. Clinton who married Frances Riggs in 1891, and she was still living in 1900, I'd say it's time to look for some divorce records in the 1890s.

Dale

This thread: