From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Jones and Cox - Vera, Albert and Michael
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:56:58 -0700

1930 Baxter Co., Arkansas census, Mill Township:
COX, Don B. 69 GA
Sallie 68 MO
Vera

This is the first that I had seen this 1930 census record for Sallie Jones
and her Cox husband. Interesting...........and like yourself, I think that
they were probably married just after the 1920 census.

Something that I find interesting from that notation that you posted about
the age at the time of their marriages?

Dooley was on the money with his answer - he married Savilah Ann/Servileann
"Annie" Hurst on November 29, 1893 - which would make him indeed 33 years of
age at the time that he married the first time.

Now ole Sallie?

The way I figure - she answered the question as it pertained to her marriage
to Cox - that she was born circa 1856 and that she was 64 when she married
Cox. - in 1920. So, perhaps shortly after that 1920 census was taken?

12 February 1920 Baxter Co., Arkansas census, Mill Township:
BROWN, M. Sally head F W 57 widowed US IN MO
#1/1 Margie daughter F W 22 single AR TN MO
Hattie E. daughter F W 18 single AR TN MO

13 February 1920 Baxter Co., Arkansas census, Mill Township:
COX, Duly B. head M W 57 widowed GA SC GA
#16/16 Ralph son M W 18 single AR GA AR
Ruth daughter F W 16 single AR GA AR
Rela A. daughter F W 14 single AR GA AR
Mohea daughter F W 12 single AR GA AR

But, Mill Township? You say is closer to Fulton Co. and a marriage might be
found there?

I think that census locations and issue support that it is the same Sallie
Jones that married Langston, Brown and Cox and a union with a Hamilton
resulted with a daughter.

I think too, from that answer to the question on that 1930 census form, that
we see that she was actually born in 1856.

Sure danced around with her ages on the previous censuses though, didn't
she?

By the way, if Hattie E. Hamilton was born circa 1902 - that places her
union with the unknown Hamilton at circa 1901. Since John Brown was fairly
aged (for the time period) at the time of their 1893 marriage - I would
suppose that Brown may have died in 1900? Probably in Izard Co.? Or in
Baxter Co.? Which do you think? Have we ever found his final resting
place?

Marriage record: Langston, Mrs. Sallie 44 Adler Izard Co., Arkansas to
Brown, John 70 Wideman Izard Co., Arkansas October 4, 1894. By: James M.
Wyatt Sec.: Harvey Cooper.

Where is/was Adler, folks?

Wonder who the mystery Hamilton man was?

This woman is an interesting one to trace, I think. Don't you?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i