From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Re: Welcome Home - obviously off subject! - Pat
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:47:39 -0700

Pat Brewer?

Well, I tell ya..........I feel like that exactly! That I have been blown
back into the sands of the desert! LOL

Got back on Tuesday and went through withdrawals from the likes of you all
and our shared hobby. I am currently looking at laptops for the trip in
September, if anyone would have any suggestions, please email me off List -
as I am sure folks don't want to hear us talk about the likes of which
laptop that I need to buy. But, think I will spring for one, if they are
not too awfully expensive.

Anyone have a laptop that they would like to recommend? Our two at home
here are Dells and so far, the action has been fine.

But, Hawai'i was hard work this time - unloading a 40' container of
household goods and furnishings. The driver couldn't get all the way up the
mountain, so landed it about two thirds the way up and that was that. Spent
two days lugging that crap uphill to the house! LOL

"Cocktail hour every evening was a must during this stressful time!"

But, as I mentioned to Michael and Roger, too off List - I find it "easier"
to sweat in paradise, than in the desert! Know what I mean?

Had to get back, though - as my son; Vasser is starting his first day in
high school next week.

"This should be a fun time in my life."

I wanted to be here for this most monumental occasion - as any mother would
want to be, right? But, my husband was appalled that I was not going to go
with him to pick up his schedule, pay fees, orientation, etc. But, I am a
firm believer in raising independent children - so, I gave him the monies
and drove him to school this morning, told him I loved him and said, "Go do
it!"

He did take a buddy of his for moral support, though.

The perils and life of Bernie Moore-Knowles - exciting?

Glad to be back..............I missed you all.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i