From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Rodman?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:36:18 -0700

Well,

What a way to come back into the genealogy loop, right? If the Melbourne
Times reported his given names accurately, then it looks to me like that E.
C. was Elbert Calvin?

That help, Mr. Forehead Typist aka Michael Condardo? Forehead Typist?
Really now?

From the Melbourne Times, Thurs., August 10, 1978

E. C. Rodman Dies at 89
Well Known Izard County Banker

Elbert Calvin Rodman, Calico Rock Banker, was claimed by death Saturday at
the age of 89.

He is one of Izard County's best Known and most respected citizens.

He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Calico Rock and had been
in the banking business most of his adult life.

Mr. Rodman, well known in the Arkansas Bankers Association, entered the
Bluff City Bank of Calico Rock in 1909 at the age of 21. In 1914, the Bluff
City Bank merged with Peoples Bank and became the State Bank of Calico Rock
and he continued his employment there and soon was named cashier of the
Bank.

When the United States entered World War One in 1917, he answered the call
of his country and entered military service. When the War ended, he
returned to his former job at the State Bank of Calico Rock and continued
serving there until his recent illness prior to his death.

Mr. Rodman recently said that he knew of only one person in the state of
Arkansas who had a more lengthy banking service tenure. In fact, from 1909
to 1978, he was with the same institution except the time he served in World
War One.

He was a staunch supporter of civic clubs such as Lions, 4-H, and FHA. He
served a number of years as secretary of Calico Rock School Board.

His many worthwhile activities included sponsoring Boy Scouts, and teaching
a Bible Class at the Calico Rock Methodist Church.

As a charter member of the Calico Rock Lions, he held a perfect attendance
record since its formation in 1947. He has served as president of Calico
Rock Lions and at one time or another has held almost every official
position in the club.

Surviving are a daughter, Mrs. Mavis Frizzell of Houston, Texas, Two
sisters, Mrs. E. E. Nisbett of Ok. City, Ok., and Mrs. Claudia Gleghorn of
Santa Monica, Calif., and a grandchild.

Funeral was at 2 p.m. Monday at the United Methodist Church. Burial was in
Pineville Cemetery by Howard Funeral Home.

Services were conducted by Bro. Charles Casteel.

Pallbearers were Jack Perryman, George Hicks, E. E. McCormack, Paul Seay,
David Wyatt and Eddie Milburn.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i