From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Benny Jim Harber
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:39:39 -0500

> Children of THELMA SANDERS and JAMES HARBER are:
> i. JOANNA JANE HARBER, b. 4 May 1925; d. 14 December
> ii. BENNY JIM HARBER, b. 1934, d. March 1945.

Bill, I think I sent this to someone the other day.

Arkansas Death Record Index
Harber, Bennye Jim 3-13-1945 Izard County age 11

Calico Rock Progress - Mar 16, 1945
Bennye Jim Harber Died Tuesday Morning
Bennye Jim Harber, 11 year-old daughter of Sheriff and Mrs. J. L.
Harber, died at the family home in Melbourne Tuesday morning. She was
stricken with a heart ailment about four months ago, developing
complications that medical authorities were unable to stem.
Bennye Jim was born in Calico Rock, but the greater part of her life
was spent at Melbourne. She attended school at Melbourne, showing unusual
aptitude in her studies. She was a member of the junior class of the
Methodist Sunday school and was a member of the Melbourne school band.
She is survived by her parents; a sister, Miss Joanna Harber of the
home and her grandparents, Mr and Mrs Ben F. Sanders of Calico Rock.
Funeral services at the Methodist church in Melbourne at 2:30 Wednesday
afternoon, were conducted by Rev. R. E. Lee of Melbourne and Rev. J. C.
Wilcox of this place. Interment was in Rose Lawn cemetery, Calico Rock, the
Higginbotham Funeral Service being in charge.
Active pallbearers were: R. L. Blair, E. D. Peacock, Tom Simpson and
Claude Coger, Melbourne; Senator J. O. Cheney and Neill Brooks, Calico Rock.

This thread: