From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] CATHEY (Bernie)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:51:54 -0500

Bernie, have CATHEY marriage in my family, which makes me wonder if some in this family came to Wagoner County, Oklahoma area. And, of course, you know that CATHEY's in Tulsa was a marriage to an Osage Indian woman. Somehow I'm thinking of George MARTIN, a Tulsa attorney in the 1950s, and his wife owned CATHEY's. Need to do a brain flush -- sometimes have too much gar-baaage!

Orah CHAPMAN, born 9 May 1882 in Lone Rock, Baxter, Arkansas; died 26 May 1945 in Wagoner, Wagoner, Oklahoma; married 1) Richard "Sherman" PIERSALL before 1900, son of George PIERSALL and Sarah SIMPSON; 2) J. A. CATHEY (zilch on him) on 29 May 1941 in Wagoner, Wagoner, Oklahoma; 3) Denton HARRISON on 4 October 1944 in Wagoner, Wagoner, Oklahoma.

Guess Orah and J. A. CATHEY had trouble calling it quits. From notes: Son Kay PIERSALL said J. A. CATHEY had one marriage to Orah annulled; but then they married again, or a second time. No children born of this marriage.

Family buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Wagoner, Wagoner County, Oklahoma. And, yes, I know there's some "traffic" on Baxter List from some of PIERSALL family.

Orah was daughter of my great-aunt, Martha Jane KING (sister to grandfather, Robert Polk KING) and her first marriage to B. Rush CHAPMAN.

Bet you noticed that Denton HARRISON name, too.

Later. I zoned out on the sofa, woke up, checked e-mail, but think I'll take it to bed. List is quiet tonight. I guess everyone's planning to go to church tomorrow morning.

Peggy

This thread: