From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Cathey - Peggy
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:23:27 -0700

Peggy

I bet that he and his father are named Archibald Charles Cathey - so, think
you are totally right. Too, Cathey researchers provided me with the 1849
birth year for Young Cathey. I think that the census records are consistent
and reflect a circa 1853 birth year.

Don't you?

Note that Young is not enumerated in the 1850 census at all.

1850 Izard Co., Arkansas census, FranklinTownship:
CATHY, Archibald 50 GA farmer
#460 Mary Ann 39 KY
Edward 13 TN
Martha 10 TN
Sarah E. 7 AR
George W. 3 AR
Archibald 9/12 AR

1860 census izard co., ar franklin twp
CATHY, Archibald 60 GA farmer
#200-198 Mary A. 49 KY
Sarah, 16 AR
George W. 13 AR
Charles 11 AR
Young A. J. 6 AR

24 June 1870 Izard Co., Arkansas census, Franklin Township:
CATHY, Archabel 77 M W farmer 1500/500 TN
#61/61 Archabell 20 F W at home AR
Gabanillin 27 F W housekeeping TN
Young A. 17 M W at home AR
Nancy J. 20 F W AR
Mary F. 9/12 AR

I haven't seen the 1880 census for him, but I think that he was in Sharp
Co. for that year.

In 1910, he's in Fulton County:

2 & 3 May 1910 Fulton Co., Arkansas census, Mammoth Spring Township:
CATHEY, Young J. head M W 57 md/1 40 yrs AR TN TN
#86/87 Nancy J. wife F W 60 md/1 40 yrs 6/4 AR TN TN

And for 1920:

Hmm.... don't see him in 1920 - but, I have a 1946 death date for him and
his wife; Nancy Jane Langston? I have her death as May 27, 1920 and both
buried where my ggrandfather is buried.............at Hickory Valley
Cemetery; in Independence Co. My ggrandfather's obituary says that he was
living in Convenience, Arkansas at the time of his death in 1903.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i