From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Cathey obituary (Bernie)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:03:54 -0500

Bernie, be sure to read the very last paragraph, below.

Peggy

1860 Census - Izard County, Arkansas
Franklin Township
Big Springs Post Office
Enumerated 15 June 1860 by W. J. CAGLE

Series: 653 / Roll: 43 / Page: 356

Page 32

[preceding household, Isaac McELMURRY -- several on this page]

Line 32
200 / 198
CATHEY
Arch (D.?), age 60, M, Farmer, $1400 / $800; b. GA
Mary A., age 49, F, b. KY
Sarah, age 16, F, b. AR
George W., age 13, M, b. AR
Charles, age 11, M, b. AR
Young A. J., age 6, M, b. AR

DUNAHOO
I _ _ _, age 16, M, Farm Laborer, b. AR

[next household: D. FAULKENBERRY]

So, two out of three ain't bad -- finding George W. and Young A. J. with their family.

Attended seminar this afternoon on Indian research, but from African-American perspective, and there is a new Dawes Roll book (8-1/2 x 11 paperback) available at Steve's Sundry, that they suggested is a "must have." Also, have you ever found the Henderson Cherokee Roll of 1835? Thought of you. It may help me, too, as I have that marriage of Jacque Pierre LaFOURCHE (anglicized to FORESEE, as in Boone County, AR) who married a Cherokee Indian woman. That's through my KILLEBREW line.

Later.

This thread: