From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Smith and CALLOWAY
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:12:22 -0700

Vera

Yep.........those elusive Smiths of mine!

My grandfather's brother; Lewis Smith (1893-1936) married Ethel Mae Callaway
(1901-1998). Once Fern had turned me onto Bob Hudson (Lewis' grandson) - we
put two and two together and Bob and his sister were able to identify a
photograph that I had mistakenly thought was Nannie Sinor Smith (Lewis'
mother) - when it was really Ethel Callaway Smith.

Ethel Callaway Smith was the daughter of Rebecca Isabelle "Belle" Phaby and
Walter Allen Callaway - who was the son of get this:

Edward Marion Callaway and his wife; Mary Talburt. Edward Marion Callaway
was one of Susannah A. "Susan" Talburt's husband's.

So, I really am looking at that Willie Smith and Alice Williams marriage and
that of their daughter; Castilla Smith's to William Edward Stephen Callaway.

Just spells a connection to Lewis Smith and Willie Smith - wouldn't you
think?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i