From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] 1920 Dooley Cox
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:56:33 -0700

Vera

I had in my notes - some older information from you - that this Ruby Cox was
a daughter of Dooley Cox's.

Baxter Bulletin newspaper dated Mar 18, 1938
mentions 77th birthday of D. B. Cox of Henderson, daughter is Mrs Elmer
Adams.

date of newpsper is Aug 16, 1940
D. Cox past age 80 born in Georgia, a pioneer resident of Baxter County,
died at the home of his daughter, Mrs E. G. Adams, in Harrison Monday. He
was buried in Henderson. Other survivors are Mrs S. L. Russell, Mrs W. E.
Bemington, both of Oildale, Calif., Mrs P. E. Jones, Mrs R. E. Buford, both
of Atlanta, Georgia and one son Ralph Cox of Bakersfield, Calif., 2
brothers, J. H. Cox of Jacksonville, Tex and A. J. Cox of Kennesan, Georgia.

Now, since he was not married to Janie Henderson until:

Baxter Co., Arkansas marriage record:
Janie Henderson 24 m. D. B. Cox 39 on 9 Oct 1900

I think that we might deduct that Ruby was pushin' it on her age at the time
that she married S. L. Russell?

What do you all think?

Too, I think that Dooley probably didn't marry Sallie Jones until after
1920 - that or they divorced. But, since both Sallie and Dollie did not
pass away until close to 1940; they probably married later than 1920 - or so
I am thinking. (That could get dangerous.)

Thanks Vera, as always.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i