From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] RIMMER / WHITFIELD (Bernie & Fern)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:07:08 -0500

Bernie, just checked ancestry.com and one submitter shows her married to
CLINKING BREAD !!!

This same submitter shows her mother as Mary Emily "Polly" WHITFIELD, b. 26
March 1782, in Goochland County, Virginia. Her RIMMER father is not
identified in either of the two submissions.

Perhaps she will be listed in Fern's WHITFIELD book ???

Dianah is shown as being born on 29 May 1827 in Sullivan County, Tennessee;
died 9 May 1875 in Athens, Baxter County, Arkansas.

A second submitter shows his name as John Reed "Jack" CLINKINGBEARD, b. 18
February 1822 in Bedford County, Tennessee.

The second submitter shows same dates and places for Diannah (sp.) -- and
married in 1851 in Laclede County, Missouri. It shows eight children, seven
of which were born in Missouri (as Dianah "Ciss" and four others) and some
specifically in Laclede County, Missouri. The very last one, Edward Masin
was b. December 1867 in "Baxter County" (which we all know was Fulton or
Izard at the time).

It's like funerals programs (even for members of my own family) show the
person as born in Mountain Home -- and they really were born in Baxter
County -- many miles away. But they identify with Mountain Home --and
they're not researchers like us -- so, they don't know names of communities
or townships. The perfectionist that I am -- this irks me.

Peggy