From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Hornbuckle and Corp - Peggy
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:28:31 -0500

Thanks to Vera for giving you that information -- and thank you for passing
it on to me.

It is truly amazing when I have lunch with my Broken Arrow 1955
classmates -- now old enough to be interested -- how many of their ancestors
are from Marion, Fulton, Baxter and Izard Counties. And the early
population of Broken Arrow (and all of Northeast Oklahoma) were from there.
And you wouldn't believe how many people have Gainesville, Osage County,
Missouri connections or ancestors. My friend's grandparents were in Osage
County, Missouri, but came to Fulton County for a time, because one of their
children born there.

And, Bernie, yes I "stumbled" onto the Silas C. TURNBO grave at Park Grove,
where my family is buried. I found your post on him in the List Archives.

Back to U. I. HORNBUCKLE -- his marriage date to Mary Ann HAND on 1 December
1877 in Madison County, Alabama is just one year and one day different than
the one on December 2, 1878 to Mary Elizabeth TAYLOR, daughter of Jesse
TAYLOR and Charlotte MOULDER or GREEN. This information was on the Baxter
County List, so will have to visit the archives as something is wrong.

And wouldn't we like to know more about Mrs. Mary E. SMITH -- U. I. married
on 16 August 1903 in Baxter County? Seems like I tried to locate her before
in 1880 census -- too many SMITHs -- too many Marys.

And, CA Death Records for Dollie B. {SMITH} HORNBUCKLE (25 May 1880 - 12
October 1964, San Bernadino County, CA), show her born in Illinois; maiden
name of mother: PENDER. Wonder where you got her father's name.

I looked in Illinois 1880 census for her but didn't find her. There are a
number of PENDER families in various counties, so that was no help.

I'd give my eye teeth for a reliable transcript of 1900 census for Arkansas.
Because of the state budget cuts, the Oklahoma Historical Society would be
closed for at least a month (when I last asked some weeks ago).

If I move to Lake Worth, Texas, I'd only be a few miles from the national
archives. We are putting the house on the market the first of June. We
expect to have at least two garage sales and an estate sale -- lots of junk
in this old 1917 house!

Later, Peggy