From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] 1900 Franks, Jeffery and Denton - Joyce
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:43:37 -0700

Joyce

This is something! I really don't know if this is my Jeff Denton or not.
Dates certainly look good, don't they? All I had for him was born circa
1863. Plus! I have that his mother; Polly Langston Denton Franks was
buried in the Salem Cemetery in 1909. Have not located a marked grave to
verify; but this census sure looks like him to me. But, odd birthplaces for
his parents; or so it says. Jonathan Denton and Polly Langston both were
born in Arkansas, as far as I know and this 1900 census that you posted
says: TN NC GA

That's pretty odd, I think. TN NC GA?

Is this Franks family nearby? This is his mother.........and her second
family; the John Wesley Franks family:

1900 Fulton Co., Arkansas census, Cleveland Township:
FRANKS, John W. head W M Sep 1843 56 m/33 AL TN AL
#207/209 Mary wife W F Mar 1842 58 m/33 11/10
Sarah E. dau W F April 1877 23 S AR AL AR
Robert L son W M June 1878 21 S AR AL
AR
Loria B dau W F July 1882 17 S AR AL
AR
Nana/Nora B gr'dau W F Jan 1889 11 S AR AR AR

Do you think that Jeff Denton's wife's name would translate to Eva, Joycie?
In that 1900 census that you posted?

1900 Fulton
County #109:
DENTON, Jeferson Sept 1862 37 m 11 Tn NC Ga
Evaia A. Aug 1869 30 m 11 4/4 Tn
Willson A. Nov 1889 10
Vestia M. dau Feb 1891 9
Coria B. Jun 1893 6
Jefferson C. Nov 1895 4

Here is the few census records that I do have for Jeff Denton. 1880 was the
last time that I saw a record for him and he was shown as a laborer in
Lynette's Smith family home. Note that Franks researchers think that Jeff
Denton's first name is Lemuel and I really think that it is Samuel. But, at
this point who knows?

1870 Izard Co., Arkansas Census, Union Township, Page 253:
FRANKS, John 25 MS
#163/165 Mary 26 AR
Rebecca Jane 10 AR
Samantha 9 AR
Samual J. 7 AR >>>>>>>>>>> Jeff Denton
Martha 4 AR
James T. 1 AR
Cintha 2/12 AR b. Mar

16 June 1880 Izard Co., Arkansas census, Lunenbug Township:
SMITH S R M 46 **** Farmer TN TN TN
#68/75 Janie F 45 wife Keeping House AR .. ..
J L M 24 son " TN
AR
J M M 22 " "
" "
W T M 18 " "
" "
W A M 16 " "
" "
J D M 13 " "
" "
Henry M 10 " " "
"
Sol M 7 " "
" "
R L M 4 " "
" "
DENTON Jefferson M 16 laborer AR .. ..

Thanks so much Joycie. I would really say that this is him, except that TN
NC GA, really is a question mark.

More later,

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona - Papa'aola, Hawai'i