From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] 1900 Jeffery and Denton
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:11:18 -0500

1900 Athens Twp Izard County
#20 Jeffery
John W. Mar 1854 age 46 md 17 yrs
Samantha E. Jan 1862 age 38 (9-6)
Ambrose A. Jan 1884 age 16
Rebecca A. Sep 1885 age 14
John W. J. Mar 1887 age 13
Lettice L. Dec 1889 age 10
Martha J. Jul 1895 age 4
Jemima E. Aug 1899 age 9/12
all born AR

Didn't see the Denton in Izard County 1900
NOTE the E.

Didn't see any of them in 1910 Izard County.
There was an Ambrose but he was 10 years to old.

> Wondering if anyone has access to the 1900 Izard Co., census?
> Am looking for the family of John Jeffery. John's second wife was
Samantha Matilda Denton (b1861) and she was my ggrandmother's only sister.
My ggrandmother was Rebecca Jane "Becky" Denton Blankinship.
> I have that John Jeffery died in Izard Co. in 1903. I have no idea if
Samantha was living at the time of her husband's death; but would really
like to know what happened to her.
> Additionally, am curious as to if their brother; Lemuel (Samuel) Jefferson
"Jeff" Denton (born circa 1863)was living in the county in 1900, also.
> The three Denton children were the only issue of Jonathan Denton
(1842-1864); who died at Atlanta; aged twenty-two.

This thread: