ARIZARD-L ArchivesArchiver > ARIZARD > 2003-04 > 1049595324
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Wren/Creswell
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 21:15:27 EST
Wilma came up with another option for the James Wren, age 9, living with
James Wren and Elizabeth Hightower in the 1850 census - namely that he could
be a grandson, child of one of their other children. So I decided to look at
each of their children to see what possibilities there might be for that
James and Elizabeth had these children:
1. Jane Wren who married William M. Gray. They had
Elizabeth abt 1839
William B. - abt 1841
Sarah Jane - Aug 1844
Charity J. - abt 1845
James - abt 1848
John - abt 1851
Martha - abt 1855
William F. - abt 1858
So their James would be too young to be the James, age 9
2. Hyman - well... he is the cause of all this... <g>. - James
Creswell/James Wren or James Creswell and James Wren.
3. Martha Wren married William Duer. They had...
James abt 1841
Charlotte abt 1841
Shadrack Apr 1845
William abt 1848
Oliver abt 1851
So their James would be the right age. He is listed with his parents in the
1850 census. But...
4. Shadrack H. Wren - md Nancy J. Haley but they appear to marry after 1850
and their son James M. Wren was born abt 1854. So he could not be the James,
age 9 in the 1850 census.
5. Charity Wren md William Lawrence Byler - prob. about 1850. Their son
James C. Byler was born Aug 1855 and would be too young to be the James, age
9 in 1850.
6. Mary Ann Wren md James J. Ross - in Mar 1851. Their son James C. Ross
was born Nov 1865 and would also be too young.
7. Frances (Fanny) Wren md Francis M. Carr - and thanks to Mary Cox and her
information their son James was born abt 1858 and would also be too young to
be the James, age 9 in 1850.
So it looks like for that option there are only 2 possibilities - Hyman Wren
and Martha Wren Duer.
Did I miss something????
Thanks and take care - Emma