From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Sharp County Record newspaper
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:14:33 -0600

> How far back do the Sharp County Record newspapers go?
>
> Is there anything in there about the murder of Andrew J. Boler? Or an
> obituary? He died Nov. 26, 1877. All I know is that he was murdered in his
> drug store by another doctor.

Lee Anne

Index to the Sharp County Record Newspaper
Evening Shade, Arkansas 1877 - 1883

Bolar, A. J. , Dr.
"Item not titled" 07 Dec 1877 p. 1 col 4;
Died in Patterson's store in Izard Co. last week.

That's all there is in this book. I don't know if the library in Evening
Shade has the newspaper on film or if you would have to read the film at the
History Commission in Little Rock. I've heard the rolls of film have gone
up. We were paying $25 a roll for the Baxter County and Izard County film of
the old newspapers.

That's the only Bolar - Boler listed.

Vera

This thread: