From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Jones
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:30:25 -0600

Arti,

> I found Marion, Lidy & Jesse on the 1870 census Fulton Co.but haven't
found Lydia / Liddie & Jesse in 1880.

I know this one shows a different age but since you didn't find her in 1880
I thought maybe you might take a look at it.

1880 Census Washington, Sharp, Arkansas
John A. JOHNSON Self 24 TN TN TN
Margret JOHNSON Aunt 44 TN NC NC
Lydia JONES Aunt 42 TN NC NC
Robert PATTERSON Other 7 AR --- ---

Looking at the ages of these people it would seem Lydia and Margret could
be sisters. Did Lydia have a sister Margaret?

Just something to think about.

Vera

> Hi List
> Thank you Vera for your help with my Jones. Yes Lydia Jones & Liddie Jones
are the same person. Don't know her maiden name & haven't located a marriage
record for Lydia &. Marion Francis Jones. Their only child " Jesse H. "
was born 1868. I have a copy of a court record showing her applying for &
winning custody of her son Jesse, son of Marion Jones decs. Marion's brother
Phillip M. Jones (my grandfather) & his brother in law James Montgomery were
her securities. >
> 1900 Fulton Co. Myatt Twp.
> Jesse Jones 32
> Lizzie 28 all born AR.
> Henry 10
> Nancy 7 ( no Liddie)
> John 5
> Augusta 3
>
> 1910 Fulton Co. Myatt Twp.
> Liddie Jones 60 head
> Mandy 2 ? hard to read all born
AR.
> Elizabeth 2 ? divorced I
need to read this again . it was hard to read plus being
> Tommy Wiseman 12 grandson hand copied
> Joe Wiseman 6
> Victor Wiseman 4 grandson
> Otis Wiseman 2 grandson
>
> 1920 Fulton Co. South Fork
> Sophrona E. Wiseman 36 wd. head
> Victor 14 son
> Otis 11 son
> Odell 9/12 son
> Liddie Jones 67 mother wd.
>
> These last 2 were quite a surprise !!!! Liddie must have had two
daughter's after the death of Marion

> Hope someone can use some of this & of course I would appreciate info.I
want to thank Judy Montgomery, Paul Dean Lynch, Harold Blevins (Hill info.)
& all who have helped me. You are a great group.
> Judy sent me a picture of the grave of James Montgomery & Marthena Jones
Montgomery a long time ago.