From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Hawaii - OFF SUBJECT - Vera
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:39:07 -0700

Vera

There are still Leasehold sales there on the Big Island. My property
however is Fee Simple. Now, at what point that people were able to do
this - I don't know. Good question. I'll ask some of my friends that were
born and raised there. Statehood? It may have to be with that those folks
that transfer ownership via Leasehold; could be doing so because it is land
still held in trust as native lands.

Just a guess.

I do remember that I wrote a Contract For Sale on St. John once in the 1990s
and unless you were a native to the island; you could only hold it in lease
and it was something like 100 years. This was in Cruz Bay, now - not on the
eastern part of the island or anything.

Yep, when I am there this time - leave in a couple of weeks, I think - I'll
get you some black sand.

Course, you could just come over and get it yourself. I offered you the
place, as I recall..........

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona