From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Payne
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:58:25 -0600

Thanks Betty, but I can't find a place for a Pete.

In the 1850 Izard County census my Payne Family had as head of family a
Sarah with a lot of children. So far I have only found information on the
two brothers that married the Boyd sisters. I believe one of them, Joseph
Payne became a doctor. There was a brother George Payne and there was a
George Payne who was in the same company in the Civil War as William and
Thomas. I believe the two are the same person. Would really like to know
what happen to all those children. I know some of the younger siblings were
living with George in Izard County 1860. There was a brother, James K. Payne
who married a Martha Annie Moody 1896.

You would think after 20 years of researching I would get this family
together. I think I've had better luck with my Jim Smith.

Vera

This thread: