From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Galloway
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:27:39 -0700

> I looked at the 1900 census and I was wondering if this Jack Galloway,
could be Theodore Galloway's
> brother Jackson? My records show that Jackson Galloway was born in 1891,
instead of 1894. What you
> think?

My eyes are worse than I thought. Don't see a Jackson with a Theodore.

Do see down near the bottom of the page.
Gallaway, Fegue or ????? head Jan 1949 age 51
------------- Omah dau Jun ? age 16
------------ Jackson son May 1891 age 9

head of house was born in AL father NC mother Georgia
kids born AR father AL mother Georgia

This family is near the bottom of first page between Pinkston and Fletcher.

Gallaway, Miss Omie 18 of McPhearson, Baxter County
m. 7-6-1902 Izard County
Charley Keeney 23 of Calico Rock

What you want to bet Charley's sister Julia married Ben Pinkston ? Ben is
buried in the Branscumb Cemetery, Stone County near Baxter County,, AR
across the river from Calico Rock. Might be a place to look for some of your
Galloways. I don't have a Stone County cemetery book.

1880 Census Place: Liberty, Independence, Arkansas
F. M. GALLAWAY Self 31 AL NC SC
M. J. GALLAWAY Wife 26 GA GA NC
T. A. GALLAWAY Son 4 AR AL GA
H. J. GALLAWAY Dau 1 AR AL GA

Is the T. A. - Theodore ?

T. H. Galloway 18 of McPherson,
m. 6 Mar 1892 Stone County
Nora Dickerson 17 also of McPherson

Maybe someone got an A and H mixed up somewhere ??

I saw something that looked like Tab Gallaway with wife Nora in 1900 census.

Vera

This thread: