From: "J.Cooper Walker" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] WWII...off subject
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:55:06 -0600

Hi Pat...I was 15 when a lot of our boys fibbed about their age and marched
off to war, since there were no ushers in the movie theaters, I was an
usherette, people really did come to the movies just to see the news
reels...lined up around the block every time the feature changed. Our war
reporter, Ernie Pyle, was killed during a battle , news reels were very
graphic, and very disturbing to parents and children alike. There are so
many stories that all of us have, we could all fill a book...!

Later...Joyce