Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Re: Francis Wayland
Date: 18 Nov 2002 06:46:34 -0700

Surnames: Wayland, Matthews, Poer, Dixon, Cooper, Hallam, Plue, Potter, Sturm/Storm, Klotz, Maxwell, Whitehead, Baltzell, Marks
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/ZV.2ADE/1261.1.2.1

Message Board Post:

Warren,
I can only make an assumption at this point, but I am leaning toward Henry Wayland as his Father. I have Nevil serving on a Jury around the 1760's giving his name then as Francis Nevil Wayland, there is also a Henry Wayland there which could not have been his son. With the Old Ninety Six records scattered and information is coming to light not only in SC but NC one day we may be able to determine who Nevil's father was. I have Nevil Wayland having at least 3 sons; Henry, Nevil and Francis and a couple of daughters. I have been told he had at least five sons, but this has not been proven. What are your therories on this Family? My Grandfather Wayland always said the family was English, this was told to him by his father and that was told to him by his father and so forth.

This thread: