Subject: [ARIZARD-L] A Family Of Doctors1
Date: 20 Oct 2002 10:45:01 -0600

Surnames: Smith, Gray
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/ZV.2ADE/1433

Message Board Post:

1. Title used by Karr Shannon in his "History of Izard County" published in 1947. I would like to make contact with any descendents of Samuel Rutledge Smith. The family moved to AR about 1849, with out the Father, He having died in TN

Samuel Rutledge Smith was the son of James P. Smith and Orphia Byler of TN. His siblings were: Thomas, Mary A., and Elvinia.

Samuel and his wife, Jane Walker had 9 children, 5 of the sons became doctors. James l.(Dr Jim), Joseph M., Mary E.P. (Gray), William T., Wiley A., Jefferson Davis (Dr. Jeff), John Henry (Dr. Henry), Solomon W. (Dr. Sol) and Robert Lee (Dr. Bob). After Jane's death, Samuel married Mary (?). They had one son Sam R. Smith.

Dr. Sol was my grandfather who died before I was born. I have never met any of my Smith relatives and would like to know more about them.

This thread: