From: J/W Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Chadwick-Reasons-Grisso
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:32:06 -0500

Hi Chris,

John Thompson Marriott and Mary Matilda Shadrick had probably at least
eleven children, most of which we know very little about. Seven of
these are listed in the 1860 Bennett's Bayou census. One of these
children was George M. Merriott b. c 1846. He had two wives: 1. Martha
Clark and 2. Mary E. Edding (no dates given).

In 1880 Bennetts Bayou, Fulton Co. AR we think all the Merryott families
consist of Matilda Marriott (mother) and her 3 sons George, Francis
Marion, and Timothy.

M. (Mary Matilda Shadrick Marriott) Merryott 60 TN - -
J. M. Schadwick (Chadwick) GSon 15 AR - - (Dau Susannah Louisa m.
William Chadwick)

G. (George Marriott) Merryott 30 TN
M. Merryott 28 MO KY VA
N. Merryott dau 9 MO TN MO
J. Merryott son 7 MO TN MO
R. Merryott dau 5 MO TN MO
S. Merryott dau 2 MO TN MO
__ Merryott son 4M AR TN MO

F.M. (Francis Marion Marriott) Merryott 29 TN TN -
S. E. (Susie Scott) Merryott 24 IL - -
L. (Lela) Merryott dau 4 AR TN IL
M.L. (Mary Luraney Matilda) dau 2 AR TN IL
M.F. (Minttie) dau 3M AR TN IL

T. (Timothy Merriott) Merryott 22 AR TN TN
S. E. Merryott 19 AR -- --

This is all we know about George, and would be interested in anything
you might have about him

Jim and Wanda
Chris Pezzaglia wrote:

>Jim and Wanda:
>I have a Cynthia Ann Marriott--daughter of George Marriott--married to John Wesley Kizzia.
>Evidently John was a Methodist preacher.
>I know that these were not the people that you were asking about--but hope this helps somewhat.
>
>Wanda

This thread: