From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Marchant Building?
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:15:48 -0600

> On Saturday last, the following appeared in the Baxter Bulletin, with
> the headline, "Firefighters Use Unique Training Site" and written by
> Amanda Rios, a Bulletin staff writer. The first few lines of the article
> are as follows:
>
> "Mountain Home firefighters train regularly for fires and other dangerous
situations.
> Thursday, they had a unique opportunity to train at the old and empty
Marchant's two-story building on Arkansas Highway 5 North. The building will
soon be torn down to make room for a four-lane highway."

> Any of you Baxter County folks know who the Marchants were who
> originally owned the building????.....Vera?......Bill?.......etc

Never thought about it before.

When my California husband retired in 1990 we moved to the land of my birth,
Baxter County and it was called that then. There is no one listed in the Mt
Home phone book with that surname. It may have been started by a Marchant
but maybe not owned by them all the time ??

I was by there the other day and it look like they were tearing it down
stick by stick. I'm suprised they fired it., big new service station across
the road.

Bill, your turn.

Vera

This thread: