From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Sanders obituary
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:20:31 -0600

Melburne, AR June 13, 1912

Obituary

On the night of June 3, 1912, the death angel visited the home of Mr and Mrs T. R. Sanders and took from their midst their precious darling baby, little Chester Semo, who was born Sep 23, 1911. Little Semo was loved by all who knew him. He always had a smile on his face and a kiss on his lips for every body. We can not hear his sweet little voice on earth any more for his life on earth is ended. We cannot bring him back to us but we can go to him. Little Semo was sick more that six weeks, all that loving hands and a kind father and mother could do was done, but the One that does all things well took him home to live with Him for evermore.

Dear father and mother, brother and sister, the home circle is broken and there is a vacancy in your home that never can be filled. One more in Heaven, one less at home, one voice of welcome hushed for evermore. The body was laid to rest in the Forrest Chapel Cemetery Tuesday afternoon the services being conducted by Elder Mose Cooper.

Asleep in Jesus blessed sleep, from which none ever wakes to weep,

A calm and undisturbed repose, unbroken by the last of foes.

END

(Forrest Chapel Cemetery - Chester S. Sanders born 23 Sep 1889 - died 08 Jun 1912.

(The name and dates are so similar to the babies above, born 23 Sep 1911 - died 03 Jun 1912

(Could it be? There is no listing for the baby in this cemetery)

Was there an old Chester and a baby Chester ? ?

There was no Chester Sanders in the Izard County 1900 census, there was a T. R. Sanders age 23 with a wife Albertie age 18 says she has had 2 children with one deceased already by 1900.

Izard County marriages shows

T. R. Sanders 21 m. Bertie Morris 16 on 8-4-1897

This thread: