From: Harold Blevins <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Fw: Fw: Smith Family
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:12:33 -0500

Smith researchers:

Jean Blankenship gave me Carolyn Smith Marlin's address in North
Little Rock and Betty Mc had her e-mail. I sent her a note last night
and got a reply back today........as follows

SOLOMON WALTER SMITH WAS GRANDADS RIGHT NAME. HE DID NOT LIKE SOLOMON SO SHORTENED IT TO S.W. NETTIE LOUISE SORRELLS WAS GRANDMOTHERS CORRECT NAME.HER BROTHER JACK IS BURIED IN THE MELBOURNE CEMENTRY BY THEM.
PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF ANYTHING YOU FIND AND IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP, LET ME KNOW. CAROLYN

Vera, looks like you were right on with that marriage record!! Looks like
both the marriage record and the cemetery book have the wrong initials
for him....................I am going to send Carolyn a copy of what I have on this
family.

This thread: