From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] .John Charles Smith
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:50:58 -0600

I still wish I had your memory and you gift for gab.
I can't believe all the info you're gathered on you Smith Family.

Have to keep mentioning mine because some day someone will connect.

My Smith Family came from Georgia about 1886 up through Arkansas to Howell
County, Missouri. Two brothers stayed in Howell County. Their names were
John and Minor Smith.

By 1893 one brother, Hamp was in Baxter County near the Izard County line.
My branch was in the same area by 1900. The names of some of this Smith
Family are recorded in the books of the Galatia Church as early as 1893. My
great grandfather and gr grandmother Jim and Fannie (Cromer) Smith are both
buried in the Galatia Cemetery.

Bernie, I'm really glad for you.

Vera

This thread: