From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Langston and Lackey
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:41:40 -0600

> I am kind of confused on something about this line. You say that there is
> daughter named Opal Langston that was married to an Orval Lackey?
>
> Is there a daughter named Betty, also? Married to a James Thomas "Jim"
> Lackey?
>
> So, it might be good for me to see the obits, just when you get a minute.
> As usual, I think I'm confused!

Bernie and anyone else searching this family, I'm so sorry. I've made a big
mess of this family. To many Opals, Orals and Orvals. I'm sure glad you ask
for the obits.

Opal Marie Lackey w/o Orval H. Lackey
Betty Oral Lackey w/o James Thomas Lackey

Orval Lackey is listed as one of 5 sons surviving Oral Lackey.
This obit list Oral Lackey's parents as Benjamin and Rebecca Langston.

Orval Lackey list his parents as
James Tom Lackey and Betty Langston Lackey
He married Opal Perry Aug 11, 1963 in Independence, MO.
I know who she was and know he son. She was first married to a Qualls and
had a son and daughter. Mr Qualls was killed by a hit and run truck driver
in Calico Rock when the children were young. I don't know if she had any
children with Lackey.

Sooooooo
Betty Opal Langston daughter of Benjamin and Rebecca m. James Thomas
Lackey and their son Orval married Opal Perry. Betty Opal and James Thomas
Lackey are the parents of Orval Lackey.

IS THAT corect ? ?????

Will see that you get the obits and anyone else who wants them. Just how
many do you want ? ?

That's what I get for trying to do research after midnight,

Sorry, Vera

This thread: