Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roster of 27th Arkansas Infantry CSA, Marchant question
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:41:42 EDT

Hello to all my Marchant, Dixon, Byler, Fowler, Dowdle, Lamb cousins! I have
a question about this CSA Roster. We know that Wiley B (b 1808) and sons
Anderson A. Marchant and Thomas J Marchant served in the Union Army. Wiley B
died in St. Louis during the War. There is a W.B. Marchant listed on this
CSA roster. Now I'm wondering if that could possibly be son, William Bailey
Marchant born in 1830. I had never heard that Wiley B had a son who fought
for the CSA, but I know many families were divided. William Bailey Marchant
was married to Lucy Ann Arnold.
Can anyone verify that this is the case? It must have been so difficult for
families that had sons in both causes. Patti Marchant Eacret

This thread: