From: "bernie moore knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Taylor and MOONEYHAM
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:23:46 -0700

Me again

This is the Mooneyham that I was thinking of:

BerDescendants of Julia Ann "Mitt" Taylor

1 Julia Ann "Mitt" Taylor b: 1846 in Rutherford Co., Tennessee
. +? Daniels m: Bef. 1890
........ 2 Bud Daniels
*2nd Husband of Julia Ann "Mitt" Taylor:
. +Joseph "Joe" Mooneyham b: 1832 m: July 22, 1890 in Sage, Izard Co.,
Arkansas d: Abt. 1900
........ 2 James J. Mooneyham b: 1892

And these sad notes from my note to file:

Per "Down Memory Lane II," Joe commited suicide by hanging. "Down Memory
Lane" Lela Bone Carpenter says "A half-sister of mother's, Aunt Mitt Taylor,
married a man by the name of Joe Mooneyham" She then goes on to relate the
story of his suicide by hanging himself. Sure enough, in the 1900 census we
find in Big Springs Twp, #99, Joseph Mooneyhan, age 76 with his wife Julia
A. , age 54 and son James J. age 8. Family # 97 is James H. Bone, where
Lela is shown as a one year old child. So, Aunt "Mitt" was not Martha but
her sister Julia Ann! Census
shows Julia Taylor and Julia Mooneyhan born in 1846. Joe Mooneyhan/m 's
death must have occurred shortly after 1900, since Lela said " he had
threatened suicide before but his wife
and son had heard the threats before and were not alarmed." I don't find any
Mooneyhans in the cemetery book.

1900 Izard Co., Arkansas census, Big Springs Township:
MOONEYHAN, Joseph 76
#99 Julia A. , 54 wife
James J. 8 son