From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Langston - Jean
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 14:33:39 -0500

Bernie,

I surprised even myself with that one! <G>

If my message to John doesn't bounce back, maybe I will ask him. It was
quite a gathering of different people, wasn't it?

I can imagine that had we been able to take a time machine back to 1850 and
before, we would be surprised how much our ancestors and their families
spread out across all of AR, and it didn't seem to much distance to them,
since they wanted enough land to have large farms. Not like us, who stack
up side by side these days.

I didn't realize that Carroll became a part of Washington County. I know
some of it ended up being Boone County, where my Bledsoes were.

Actually, I found my John Lowry Bledsoe in Izard County land records in
1850, so apparently some of Carroll was once Izard. I can't keep them all
straight, can you? :)

Jean

At 08:09 AM 3/5/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Jean
>
>And you think that I pull data out of my "hat?" This is unbelievable that
>you had this saved. You know that?
>
>I rememember the Dentons that I was looking for were in Carroll Co. and then
>ended up in Washington Co., so there must have been some boundary changes or
>just decided to "settle across the line."
>
>When you send that to John Andrako, you should ask him if he knows how his
>Langston to ours, amybe?
>
>Thanks Jean. Interesting.
>
>Bernie Moore-Knowles
>Phoenix, Arizona