From: "Bill Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Bill Blevins- Major Jacob Wolf -Indian agent ?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:53:14 +0000

Sandra,
I wrote a book "Jacob Wolf - The Mansion and the Man" back in 1982...The
first and only one that I know that has been written on the history of this
house and Jacob Wolf. I did a great deal research into it, and was amazing
as to just how much of the history that has been written or given in small
articles that just won't pan out. I can't undrstand why they want to make
such a legend out of it based on False Information. The true and factual
information about the house is GREAT...Just that they need to bring him to
this area around 1818-1820 and let him settle on along the White River below
Norfork. He didn't even own the land where the Wolf House presently sets
until shortly before the house was built which was around 1828-1829. One
tale gives of him having a shooting to occur in the Capital Building in
Little Rock when someone wanted to put a bounty on Wolf's. He wasn't in
the legislature when this shooting occured, and it was not over a bounty on
wolf scalps. This shooting occured several years after he no longer served
in the Arkansas Legislature. Just one of several falsifications and stories
that never happened as some would want them to be. THIS IS NOT
HISTORY...And hopefully those who are writing it today will tell it as near
to the truth as possible and accuracy will prevail.

Bill Blevins