From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Kizzia
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:07:15 -0700

> The last call that I made, to a different person, was just a little rude

Talk about rude.

I started in 1983. I worked hard, no computer, wrote lots of letters. I
used old pictures and any address of anyone I could find. I ordered books
and film on inter-library loan.

At the time I was living in Mich. I wrote this lady in Idaho. Her
step-mother was my grandfather's cousin. To make it short: I sent what I had
on this family and ask for corrections, as I always do. She wrote me back
and said I had many mistakes and that it was a waste of time and she sent me
bible verses to prove it. Said for me not to bother her family again.

I wanted to tell her it might be but I had an empty nest and was about to go
crazy and I had all these old pictures that my family didn't know who they
were and some of them had names on them. Now it's like a drug you can't give
up.

I found other cousins of my grandfather living in Decatur, IL and was
invited to a family reunion. I went , met this ladies half sisters who were
as nice as could be and between them and their younger brother over the
years I have quite a file on this branch of my family. At the reunion I was
able to meet descendants of 3 branches of this family that my family knew
nothing about and I have more names on some of the old pictures.

Now if I can just get this book put together. I love the research so much
that I spend all my time trying to help others.

The reason I said don't let her think you wanted the bible or old pictures.
I've been trying to find a family bible for another branch of my tree for at
least 10 years. I knew there was one but no one "has" it. The other day a
"cousin" called me and had just started researching. I mentioned this bible
and she said my mother has it, I'll get copies.

If you say things like you know the xerox copies of old black and white
pictures sure turn out nice these days. You will have people that have
pictures they didn't have years ago when they thought you were going to ask
for them.

Sorry, just an old researcher and can't help but preach.

Vera

This thread: