From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Coleman vs Oakley for Elizabeth
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:51:58 -0700

Hi all

I think that the confusion is that the typist for Carroll Hayden's Cemetery
Book has recorded on the line beside Elizabeth Waggoner's burial that her
maiden name was Coleman and that she was the wife of Robert A.
Waggoner.........in the LaCrosse Cemetery.

That's where the Coleman maiden name was picked up, I bet. But, after
drilling through the Cemtery Book at greater length, I found Drury COLEMAN
Oakley and his wife Mary Ann's burial records, also in the LaCrosse
Cemetery.

This is Elizabeth Waggoner's parents. Got to be.

My bet is that the typist or Carroll, from his many notes probably left off
the Oakley name and Coleman as the surname was created in everyone records.

Hey.......with all that Carroll has done and the many families that he has
researched............I have found very few mistakes in his work and
research. Some, but not many.

So, I think that Elizabeth was an Oakley and from your 1870 census post, she
evidently was a Frazier with a first marriage. Could have married before
she migrated to Arkansas?

I have cc: this to Glyn Trimble.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona