From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] John Newton Trimble- Kathryn
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:17:40 -0600

<do you show this Elizabeth as the wife of John Newton Trimble??>
<Kathryn>

No, I don't have any data linking her with Trimble. What I have are
cemetery records which show her as Elizabeth Ann (Coleman), wife
of Robert A. Waggoner. (born 3 Nov 1840). Under Robert A. it says,
"Mar. Elizabeth A.: 7 May 1871." There is no date of death listed.

Then there is a footnote which says, " Waggoner, Elizabeth Ann
(Coleman), daughter of Drury and Mary Ann (Oakley) Coleman."
This indicates Drury and Mary Ann's last names were Coleman,
and not Oakley, which other published records seem to indicate.

Another possibility, sometimes when a husband died, they would
have the headstone prepared with both names on it, supposing the
wife would be buried there later. Since there is no date of death on
the stone for Elizabeth, she may in fact be buried somewhere else
by a later husband who wanted her buried by him!!!! Records indicate
Robert died in 1887 and she married Mr. Trimble in 1891. This is all
a real puzzle and I must confess I don't have it all sorted out in my mind.

Harold B.

This thread: