From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] FINDING MASTER SOURCE
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:16:34 -0500

Thanks for the tip, Jim.

I will save this for those times when I will need it. Sounds like a great
tool to remember. I don't have a lot of sources in my files (except for
the e-mails that I have copied and pasted into each person's note section,
when I remembered to do it), since I only learned about the "source"
formula fairly recently (after having entered about 31,000 people into my
FTM files).

Lately, I can't seem to keep up with getting much of anything entered into
my FTM. That's where I have fallen pretty far behind. Glad to see that
some of you are staying on top of it for the rest of us! <g>

Thanks again, Jim!

Jean

At 01:20 AM 11/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Jean,
>
>If you have FTM, you can put your cursor on the item you want to put the
>source info in for and go to VIEW on the top line, click, go to SOURCE and
>click, and then use NEW or FIND MASTER SOURCE (If you already have the source
>name in once you do not have to type it again.) For instance if I am using
>"1880 census, AR, Izard Co" as a source over and over, and I do, I just just
>click on FIND MASTER SOURCE and type 1880 and it will jump to 1880. I have
>an 1880 census for a lot of the states and they just pop up and you select
>the correct one. Another for instance. You and Bernie and others have given
>me tons of info and I have your names with your email address in the MASTER
>SOURCE file and just type your first names in and then select highlight your
>name and click
>
>Jim S

This thread: